Greetings elves, robots, fairies, heroes, villains, and “muggles”. We are now taking submissions for science fiction, fantasy and horror (we also take steampunk and alternate universes). As of right now, we aren’t paying contributors. We do have prizes for our contests however. Please fix any run-on sentences and know the difference between then and than. Minimum 2000 words, maximum 20,000 words- standard 12 inch font, double spaced and default margin on Microsoft word. You can e-mail all submissions to email@example.com. (Please, no fan fiction).
1. We’re interested in both character and world oriented stories. Stories can be humorous too as long as they’re science fiction, fantasy or horror.
2. We take simultaneous submissions.
3. We will consider work whether it’s previously published or not.
4. Your email submission should include your name, word count and Word Document attachment of your story.
5. We are not interested in stories with explicit sex or violence- specifically anatomical porn, threats against specific people, or snuff stories. Although we accept horror and don’t wish to limit anyone’s creativity, we ask that it’s not over the top. Profanity is fine as long as it’s organic and something the character would say.
6. Contributors will be acknowledged as creators of their work. In addition, Teleport does not demand exclusive rights to publish the piece- contributors can publish their work elsewhere. Teleport is a free magazine but an individual, company or entity can not print it out and sell hard copies or sell it online.
7. After you submit your work, you should hear back from us in 1-7 days. Most likely we’ll accept your submission unless your work is completely incoherent and has nothing to do with science fiction, fantasy, or horror.0
This post has already been read 1495 times!