Teleport Magazine features short fiction, articles, and reviews in the genres of science fiction, fantasy and horror. Please, no YA/MG submissions. We are now accepting submissions for short fiction. As of right now we aren’t paying contributors. We do have prizes for our contests however.
1) Submissions should be in Microsoft Word and a minimum of 2000 words and no more than 7500 words. Use 12pt. font, double spaced with default margins.
2) We’ll respond in approximately 1-4 weeks, depending on how many submission we have to review.
3) Usually we say YES or NO to a story without chance for revision. If we think your story might be acceptable with a rewrite, we’ll send you feedback. If you wish to resubmit, taking the feedback into consideration, go right ahead. If you don’t wish to revise, then consider our feedback as a “no, thanks anyway.”
4) Reasons for a no response are usually due to confusion cause by poor sentence structure or grammar errors. We follow the grammar and usage guidelines detailed in the Chicago Manual of Style commonly used in publishing throughout North America. Some free grammar references include:
5) We’re interested in both character and world oriented stories. Stories can be humorous too as long as they’re science fiction, fantasy or horror. We are not interested in stories with explicit sex or violence- specifically anatomical porn, threats against specific people, or snuff stories. Although we accept horror and don’t wish to limit anyone’s creativity, we ask that it’s not over the top. Profanity is fine as long as it’s organic. Please, no fan fiction.
6) Contributors will be acknowledged as creators of their work. In addition, Teleport does not demand exclusive rights to the piece. Contributors can publish their work elsewhere. All rights, title and interest in and to any story published here remains solely with the author. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of both the copyright owner and the publisher. The only exception is brief quotations in printed reviews. The scanning, uploading, and distribution of stories via the Internet or via any other means without the permission of the copyright owner is illegal and punishable by law. Please purchase only authorized electronic editions, and do not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrighted materials. Your support of the author’s rights is appreciated.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email submission should include your name, word count and Word Document attachment of your story.
Questions and comments can be made in the comments section of blog posts or emailed to email@example.com. © 2016 teleportmagazine.com